2 janvier 2001

From:   frottage@canada.com
Date:   02 Jan 2001 16:56:24 PST
To:   pm@pm.gc.ca
Subject:  back to work

Dear Mr. Chrétien,

I walked to The Khyber today as the weather was mild and the skies were clear. Karina was going to school to sort out her registration and student loans. We got into a tiff about terminology. What does "We have our ups and downs" mean to you? Generally, and especially given the events of the past few weeks, things are wonderful between us. Everyone has their ups and downs, right? I am sometimes brief when describing my relationship with Karina to my friends, a sort of "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality. People talk more and in explicit detail when there are problems. Holidays are stressful, don't you find?

I am stressed already about my new position at The Khyber, but I haven't really started yet. I am now the Interim Administrative Director. I am pleased, nervous, anxious and excited. So far I have been reading through past documents, trying to familiarize myself more fully with the history of the place. It is like archaeology, finding treasure tucked into old files in the smell of past events, exhibitions. In sensing the energy that once existed there. I worry about finding the money to keep the heat on. I don't understand oil prices. Why is it so expensive? Why is there pressure on OPEC to cut production?
Just watched The Winter Guest with Karina. Nice dialogue, good exploration of life and death in the examination of a days events, but feel like I've seen and heard it all before. Going to watch Andy Kaufman Plays Carnegie Hall next to balance it out.

We have watched a lot of movies over the holidays. It will be nice to get back in the groove of meetings and teaching in the evenings. When do you go back to work?


Yours Sincerely, 

Aucun commentaire: