Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 9:33 AM
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: chris lloyd
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 21:08:44 -0400
I've spent the past couple days, in between random gallery visits, internet research, reading, writing and painting a basement floor, to comprise a list of things that annoy me. I'm sending you the partial list, in no particular order, in the hope that in writing it down and sharing it with you my vision will turn from sporadically seeing red to a more pleasant shade of rose.
THINGS THAT ANNOY ME PART 1
1. The SANYO blimp
2. Over-processed Pringles "potato" chips
3. Cigarette smoke (even if it is mine. Perhaps moreso. Gee, that reminds me, I still have cigarettes and think I will go smoke one after this letter…)
4. The "we are not afraid" headline in the daily free "newsmagazine" DOSE. BULLSHIT!
6. Honkers (and I'm not the only one; the past few times someone has uneccessarily leaned on their horn because another motorist hasn't advanced the split second the light turns green, other pedestrians have shouted and pointed fingers, and, one one occassion, I believe a small piece of something was hurled in the general direction on the honker. We're on the edge of the Apocalypse, I can feel it)
7. Smog and lack of ozone
8. Unfair global distribution of wealth and resources
9. economics in general
10. bad art
13. sporadically working internet accounts (this happened to me CONSTANTLY in Montréal with Vidéotron—a curse on you Vidéotron!—and now it happens to us here with Bell-Sympatico. Can't you companies get your shit together? I swear, we are going to start logging all those lost minutes when the internet just inexplicably doesn't work, and minus those times off the bill. Bastards.
14. Hanging taxicab hubcap advertising. The "genius" who invented that little wonder and opened up yet another previously undiscovered advertising space should be dragged kicking and screaming through the streets, tarred and feathered and then shot.
15. Republican bible thumpers
OK, enough for now. We've just had a nice supper, Claudine's friends Franck et Marion arrived back from Niagra, and we're about to all watch a movie. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zizou, sweet.