22 septembre 2005

Fears of Rita trigger panic buying and gas price spikes in Maritimes, Ontario, Boisclair espère convaincre plus de jeunes de devenir membres du PQ Inbox

chris lloyd to paul, paul, me
More options 11:13 pm (0 minutes ago)

Dear Paul,

Finished sanding the floors in the main gallery today. Tomorrow I'll finish them, after putting in the baseboards. Peter bought a new table saw so we can finish the edges of the pine. It's all coming together.

Had lunch with Judy and Suzanne and ended up agreeing to moderate a panel on Creative Places at the conference. It hasn't met with final approval yet but I can't see a problem. Should be fun.

Want to know just how small this town is? I set up a few appointments to look at apartments today. The first was in the building my old friend Peter Doyle lived in, on Germain Street. Very close to work and not a bad apartment. It is owned by the couple who recently opened the restaurant, Sebastian, which is across the street from us on Princess. Then, while talking to a building owner about his place on Carmarthen, he mentions to me that he is also buying a place on King Street East, and names the address. Oddly enough, I was just on my way to an appointment there (it was too small). It's like the global 6 degrees of separation rule drops to 3 degrees in Saint John.

Anyway, it almost seems to be slightly too early to be looking, since ideally I'd like to find a place for end of October-early November.

I watched three hours of CSI tonight and my brain feels like mush.

-chris

1 commentaire:

CDC a dit...

bonjour chris!

i've been away from ottawa in the past month (Alberta, BC, Montreal and Toronto) so i hadn't been checking your blog for a while...

just wanted to say that i think what you're doing out in Saint John is wonderful, and i really wish you the best of luck with the gallery stuff. i know it must be very difficult to be away from Claudine - I'm the queen of long distance relationships, I was in one for way too long - but try to remember that it's temporary and that it will come together in due time. Wow, I know that just sounded like the worst platitude on earth, but it's sincere...

I may be in Saint John sometime over the fall (probably November) for work-related reasons, so if I go I'll drop you a line. If you have some free time we could go for coffee or a drink?

Hey, do you have photos of your artwork on a web site somewhere? You know me, always looking for art (and looking to drain every cent I have in it!)...

Prends soin,
camille